The Economic Opportunity Agency (EOA)
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
opened on Monday, January 11, 2021.
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance program helps low-income households with their energy costs in winter and summer as part of the federal Low Income Home Energy Program. Families receiving food stamps or having an elderly or disabled person in the household and those who are facing utilities shut-off or need wood or propane for heat may apply for assistance.
If you are applying for assistance you will need:
- Photo ID
- Social Security numbers and birthdates for all household members
- Both Electric Bill and Gas/Propane Bill
- Proof of income received for the previous month for all household members (examples include: paycheck stubs, social security, unemployment, child support, VA, housing allowance, unemployment benefits, etc.)
- If you have lost your job within the last 60 days (previous two months), we will need a statement from your employer that states your last day of employment.
- If you have zero income, we need proof of how the household’s monthly expenses are being met. Contributions from friends or relatives must be verifiable. We also will need two collateral statements from sources (excluding family members) who can verify the household’s circumstances. Statements must include the person’s name, address, and phone number. Verification that no income is being received will be required from the unemployment office or Workforce Services.
- SNAP recipients may be eligible for an expedited process.
Criteria for eligibility:
You must live in Washington County. The Low Income Home Energy Program is
available elsewhere, but EOA administers it for Washington County only.
The income eligibility uses sixty percent (60%) of the state’s median income for households up to six (6) people and 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline for larger households. This chart is effective from October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021.
|2021 ARKANSAS ELIGIBILITY CHART|
|Household Size||Income Limit Determined By:||Maximum Monthly
Countable Income (MCI)
|ADD $560 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL HOUSEHOLD MEMBER|
To apply for assistance call (479) 872-7479 to schedule an appointment.
For questions, you may call (479) 872-7479 or email LIHEAP@eoawc.org.